Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week 1

I left my log book at work, so cant remember all the weights exactly, but

Monday:
Box Squat 5x4
From memory I think I did 150kg. Was pretty happy with this.(was actually 140kg)

B1 Speed Deadlifts 4x2 @ 50% - 120kg
B2 Walking Dumbell Lunge 2x8/side 16kg(I think)
Due to spotting a friend and only having an hour for lunch didnt get through all of these, but felt reasonably productive anyway.

D1 Reverse Crunch 3x12
D2 Prone Bridge 3x30sec
Did these at home in the afternoon and was sweating by the time I finished them.


Tuesday:
Bench Press 5x4 Did 110kg for the first couple of sets and dropped to 105kg. These felt good, felt like my technique was tight, and my shoulder didnt feel weak like it did last week.

B1 Neutral Grip Inc DB Press 3x10 16kg
B2 Seated Machine Row 4x10 65 for 2 sets, 60 for 2 sets
I do the seated rows on the hammer type machine, not sure what it is called, mainly because it is directly next to the incline bench. I really like Incline DB Press, I feel like they work my triceps alot more then most exercises I do.

C1 Prone Trap Raise 3x12
C2 Side Lying External Rotations 3x12/side
Both of these with 3kg.

Side Bridge 3x30sec
Did these when I got home and the last 25 seconds of each set feels like an eternity.


Thursday.
This would usually be on a Wednesday, but work was a bit out of whack this week.

Front Squat 4x6 60kg(no belt)
I cant remember the last time I did front squats so didnt go too extreme. I also used straps, as per Mike Boyle, because my right wrist is garbage after years of gym and office work. I can't do a push up properly because of it. Anyway, the squats felt strong.
B1 Rack Pull from knees 4x6 150kg
B2 DB Bulg Split Squat 3x6/side 20kg(Ithink)
I supersetted these to save time.

D1 Pull Through 3x10 of 38.75 on pulleys.
D2 Reverse Crunch 3x12
People must think I am some sort of freak doing pull throughs. The reverse crunch is awesome though, I would recommend it to anyway above a normal crunch. It feels like it works the same, but dont become a hunchback doing it.

Friday:
A1 O/A DB Push Press 4x6/side 28kg
A2 Close Grip Chin 4x6 BW+15kg for 2 sets, then +10kg for 2 sets. could only do for 4th set.
The left shoulder feels a bit weak doing these, just the positioning. It doesnt hurt, but feels like something is out of position... Chin ups were good. I do these with palms facing in

B1 Push Up 3x10
B2 O/A DB Row 3x8 26kg


C1 Kneeling Cable Ext Rotation 3x12. 1of 6.25, 2 x 8.75 on pulleys
C2 Side Bridge 3x30/side
I like both of these exercises. I have never done so much core work over the course of a week, and it feels good. I have never had soreness on the side of my abs before.

No comments:

Post a Comment